Re: Library Repository

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vesa Solonen <vsolonen@...> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, phinitnan_c wrote:
>
> > --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vesa Solonen <vsolonen@> wrote:

> > > Dunno if it's a good time to change, maybe KiCad library SVN with "newlib"
> > > pre tag...
> > >
> > > -Vesa
> > >

> > Vesa,
> >
> > Creating a new branch of library is a good idea. I think we should avoid
> > messing up with current branch until it is ready. my 2 cents.
>
> Dear Tony,
>
> After this lively discussion and also Dick's wonderful insight, I came to
> a conclusion that please set up a project on launchpad for KiCad libray.
> Let's state that it is the "playground" for library project and
> collaboration tool, not _yet_ an official source. I may join as a second
> admin if you will, but just now I have no time to study launchpad usage
> and management in depth. Thanks for your time improving KiCad :)
>
> -Vesa

Dear all librarians,

I've registered a new project at launchpad named 'kicad-newlib' and would like to invite you guys to join the project. I also committed my recent workfor reviewing. I would suggest that we have to discuss what the main trunkshould look like so we could create the main trunk for other librarians.

As you may see that i'm quite over-active now. It's not because i want to show up or anythings. I always state that my only problem working with kicadis it's library's standard. Actually, I have been creating my own set of libraries/modules and use it instead of the librares come with kicad. But, this approach rises other problems. Instead of doing so, i think i should join this project and help improving it, so i did.

I know library improvement is an topic that has been taking for quite a while. But there is still no substaintial work started. So, my first priority was to start it and i think i achieved that :)

Vesa, i'd like to invite you to join as the project leader. I would assist you while you're busy :) my first priority is done now. So, i have to turn back to my main work. But i'll still put my spare time on kicad. About launchpad, it's quite easy to follow their beginner tutorial. I'm new to it toobut it took only about 1/2 hour to get start. :)

Tony