Re: Croscompilling for Windows

On 4/12/2010 8:51 AM, jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :

>>> I am now able to reproduce the problem.
>>> Happens only when using the shared wxWidgets version.
>>> (I am using a static version that does not create this error)
>>>

>> I'm using shared libraries on Linux and I don't get this error.  Is
>> Milan building on Windows with MinGW?  If so I will have to rebuild
>> wxWidgets as a shared library to confirm this.
>>

> Milan is building on Linux using mingw and cross-compilation mingw tool.
> I built wxWidgets+kicad under Windows with MinGW.
> When using shared libraries wxMSW build option, I had the same error
> under Windows.

I just confirmed this myself on Windows using MinGW as well.  Are we now
going to support building Kicad on Windows using wxWidgets as a shared
library?  The current build instructions in COMPILING.txt state that
wxWidgets should be built with the --disable-shared flag.  If we now
support using wxWidgets as a shared library on Windows, then
COMPILING.txt will need to updated as well.  If this is the consensus
among the group, I will update COMPILING.txt.  I still have to confirm
that this fix doesn't break anything on Linux.

Wayne