Re: Bug Database is not yet open for business

On 4/16/2010 9:22 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Because we are in the process of importing the sourceforge tracker
> records into the launchpad Bugs database, it would be wise to delay
> adding Bugs because I cannot ensure that they will not be overwritten
> during the import.
>
> You may follow the progress of the import here:
>
>    https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+question/106874
>
> Apparently the launchpad assistants are quite busy now, so this process
> has been going on for several days.
>
> As a side note, we welcome Stephen Eaton who has volunteered to perform
> the process suggested by Wayne in this email:
>

>>  I hope the developers list does not become the user support list.
>>  Maybe a few of the user mailing list folks would be willing to take
>>  on the responsibility of being bug and feature request submitters.
>>  They could act as a gateway between users and developers by being
>>  responsible for preventing duplicate submissions, confirming bugs,
>>  and getting user list input for feature requests.  This would save
>>  developer time which is a much more scarce resource.
>

> This was a suggestion, I acted on the suggestion and recruited Stephen
> who we appreciate for stepping up.

Thank you Dick for taking the time to recruit Stephen for this task.
Thank you Stephen for stepping up to the plate to take on this role.  If
you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask the
developers list or me directly.  You are providing developers an
invaluable service by cutting down on the user generated noise on the
developers list.  It is the least we developers can do to make your job
as painless as possible.  Of course being recruited by Dick means that
he feels you are capable of doing the job.  In my experience, the bar
that Dick sets is fairly high so we will be expecting great things from
you;)

Wayne