Re: Better components fields editor + BOM generator

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Ivan Drago wrote:

I personally don't really need such a tool but, talking of fields, there
are some things that could be better:

- In the schematic could be useful to change the aligment of a field:
  sometimes with the part in some orientation it's better to left align
  rather than center and so on (purely cosmetic issue :D)

- For multipart the package should be set at a part level, not
  subpart... otherwise you could, well, have U1A in SOIC and U1B in TSOP
  (occurred just yesterday :P). I agree that's not easy since they could
  be in different sheets... a useful solution could be to track the
  package only for the first subpart.

- Last time I've used it, cvpcb still had issues with unicode strings
  (i.e. 10µ/25 get shown only as 10)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl