Re: Bug Database is not yet open for business

Yes lurking on the list lol

-----Original Message-----
From: kicad-developers-bounces+seaton=gateway.net.au@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kicad-developers-bounces+seaton=gateway.net.au@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dick Hollenbeck
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2010 1:41 AM
To: KiCad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Bug Database is not yet open for business

jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> On 4/16/2010 9:22 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>

>>> This was a suggestion, I acted on the suggestion and recruited Stephen
>>> who we appreciate for stepping up.
>>>

>> Thank you Dick for taking the time to recruit Stephen for this task.
>> Thank you Stephen for stepping up to the plate to take on this role.  If
>> ..
>> Wayne
>>

> I also want to say "Thanks"
> Thank you Stephen to be a volunteer to help us.
> Thank you Dick for all the time you spent to manage the move of Kicad
> project from Sourceforge to Launchpad.
> I am sure this was a *lot* of work.
>
> Jean-Pierre Charras

My latest IRC chat on

(12:27:26 PM) dickelbeck:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+question/106874 is in bad
need of attention.
(12:27:37 PM) dickelbeck: can we get somebody to actually work on this
and get it done?
(12:28:12 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, hi
(12:28:25 PM) dickelbeck: deryk: hi
(12:29:20 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, it's just going to take a while.
Sorry. I've got you on my todo list and am working my way down the list.
I hope you see your import done this week.
(12:30:36 PM) dickelbeck: can anybody else finish it sooner?
(12:31:33 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, no. There are 5 full time launchpad
bugs hackers who can get this done. Only 4 including myself know how to
do it....
(12:32:17 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, two of the four are on other dev work
and me and another dev are trying to catch up the bug imports.
(12:32:32 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, the other dev has 3-4 and I am doing
two of them.
(12:33:14 PM) dickelbeck: when the import happens, will it overwrite any
bug that are entered directly into launchpad via the http?
(12:33:27 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, no, it just adds the imported bugs
(12:33:48 PM) dickelbeck: so there should be nothing keeping us from
using the "Bugs" UI now, and moving forward?
(12:34:53 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, right. You can do whatever you want on
bugs right now. And when we get these older bugs imported, they will
just exist alongside any newer bugs you entered into lp directly.
(12:35:35 PM) dickelbeck: Thanks. I hope you can get this done this week.
(12:38:13 PM) deryck: dickelbeck, I feel that we can. Other issues like
staging not updating slowed down your import more than normal. Though
these things do take a while anyway.

I am actually quite tired of this now.  Somebody else can baby sit the
question 106874 on IRC.  But I think deryk only needs to be reminded,
not abused.

Also, I don't know that Stephen is actually subscribed to the mailing
list, i.e. don't know that he is actually receiving these messages.  But
that is for him to solve.  You have to subscribe.

Thanks,

Dick