Re: Failed installation

Alain Portal wrote:
Hi,

My kicad installation failed because INSTALL.txt was remove from repository and not fron the cmake files list.

Here is the patch to fix.

Regards,
Alain

Jean-Pierre,

1) How did this happen that file /INSTALL.txt is not in stable but is in testing?

My original plan was that stable was simply going to be a periodic snapshot of testing. With that strategy it would never be possible for stable to be ahead of testing. Periodic merges would be done from testing into stable.

Therefore I am confused as to how a file could be deleted from stable and not from testing.

2) Also, I think it is harmful to have the internat directory tree present in stable. It is now in the docs, repo. Any objections if I delete it from stable?

Dick