Re: Icon rework and OS X updates

Artwork finished and pushed to testing revision 2367
http://kicad.xor-gate.org/screenshots

Have fun,
Jerry

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Alain Portal <alain.portal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le dimanche 9 mai 2010 18:22:32, Jerry Jacobs a écrit :
>> Dear all,
>>
>> As you probably aware I succeeded my first merge and commit with bzr.
>> I must say its easy to use and powerful and has more advantages over
>> subversion. I committed some icons I reworked with Inkscape in vector
>> format, and are now default on OS X platform. Still I have to do
>> PCBNew and GerbView icons. If you don't like it I will only use it for
>> the OS X platform, this because we need maximal size of 512x512 pixel
>> icons to appear nice. Of course you suggestions are welcome. I also
>> committed that kicad doesn't display icons in the menu. This is
>> default behavior of Mac applications. If somebody has a better
>> suggestion to turn the menubar icons of in wxwidgets I don't need the
>> define checks in our code.
>>
>> See for yourself:
>> http://kicad.xor-gate.org/screenshots
>
> This is a nice job you did, and I would be happy to get it.
> You sayed you worked with Inkscape?
> Unfortunately, I tried to open some *.icns files with my Linux Inkspace version
> (0.47) and it failed :-(
>
> So, could you please send me a png version of eeschema, pcbnew and kicad
> (biggest size and resolution of your work) artwork?
> I would like to improve (or add) icons and mime types for Linux.
>
> Regards,
> Alain
>
> --
> Les pages de manuel Linux en français
> http://manpagesfr.free.fr

Kind Regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jerry Jacobs
- http://www.xor-gate.org

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs" - Robert Firth
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can
be counted counts. - Albert Einstein