't' hotkey in pcbnew

Hi all,

I'm testing kicad in the moment and I experienced an unconvenience in usability, which could be easily fixed ...

It's about the 't' hotkey in pcbnew. After pressing, a popup shows up and I can input the name of my part which I want to move.

Normally, I have my area in which I want to place my parts and after pressing 't' and enter my part, I would have expected, that the view remains, but the part e.g. R12 is hanging on my mouse cursor. But instead, the view jumps to the coordinates of my part which I wanted to move.

Because I don't know where this part was, I always have to search the area, I wanted to place the part in.

So, I suggest a change as following:

pcbnew/modules.cpp in method StartMove_Module: disabling "GetScreen()->m_Curseur = module->m_Pos;".

I tried the search-part function, which still works as supposed. I know, that there it is intended to change the view.

Adding parts to the pcb also works ...

How do you think about this little change?

Best regards,
skymab

Follow ups