Re: Translation

arius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The last translation update I have provided was for the final release 2010-03-14 where the project was still fully managed at Sourceforge.
> Now, on Launchpad multiple branches are existing and I'm asking my self against which one I should keep the translation up to date, the testing or stable branch? Which is the best strategy?
> I assume that stable is the right choice but it would be nice to get a confirmation on that. - Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> arius

the "doc" branch is matched with the "testing" branch.

"stable" is only a periodic snapshot of testing.  Think of "stable" as a
magic tar file with a mechanism to tell you when it has changed.  It is
nothing more.

My original intention was to not ever "fix or modify" stable.    Instead
we fix or modify testing, then at a precisely controlled moment, the
copy of testing flows to stable.  Just as if a release was being made
into a tar file.  But now that magic tar file can tell you that it has
changed using bazaar.

Dick