Re: Another thing about module format

Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> The playground should be a simple bounding box, but manually defined
> (since, for example, BGA requires a lot of tooling space for inspection
> and replacement, while a simple MLCC only needs space for tweezers)

What would constitute an invasion of the "playground" ? Another
component's playground ? Part of the package of another component ?
A pad of another component or a trace ?

Examples for each:
- test equipment attached to a component (clips, etc.)
- rework
- soldering accuracy, creepage/clearance distance

It's a very good point, though. I never liked the amount of
handwaving that goes into drawing component outlines because of
just this kind of issues.

- Werner