Re: Default Field names patch

On 06/15/2010 06:58 PM, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Of course, access to the names of user-defined fields would also
> be useful in the absence of templates. And it would bring us one
> step closer to not having to worry about slots at all. Everybody
> wins ;-)

You have that now.  Where are my winnings?

Fields after the first 4 fixed fields are saved with the fieldnames
should they be different than the default fieldname.  But discussions
about file formats which are on the cusp of change and obsolescence are
not interesting to me.  Wayne has designs brewing to change most if not
all the eeschema file formats.

Dick