Re: Default Field names patch

On 6/16/2010 9:02 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 06:58 PM, Werner Almesberger wrote:
>>
>> Of course, access to the names of user-defined fields would also
>> be useful in the absence of templates. And it would bring us one
>> step closer to not having to worry about slots at all. Everybody
>> wins ;-)
>>

> You have that now.  Where are my winnings?
>

> Fields after the first 4 fixed fields are saved with the fieldnames
> should they be different than the default fieldname.  But discussions
> about file formats which are on the cusp of change and obsolescence are
> not interesting to me.  Wayne has designs brewing to change most if not
> all the eeschema file formats.

Dick,

In regards to the forthcoming file format changes, I have some more
housecleaning on the component library and schematic objects I would
like (need?) to do that will make implementing the new file formats
easier.  To avoid a lot of merge conflicts with what you are working on,
I will hold off until you have made at least your initial commit of the
field template code.  It looks like I'll have some free time next week
to start discussing and working on these changes.  I also hope to post a
blue print of a first draft of the new component library file format by
the end of next week.

Wayne