Re: Graphics Abstraction Layer for KiCad

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

The meaning of your last sentence is not clear to me.  Can you clarify
and elaborate please what you mean.

I find very useful the artifacts (mostly dots at the edge) of the 'old'
position to align the 'new' position. I.e. keeping drawn in 'grayed'
mode the original object during moving.

And talking about opengl performance, try to get something acceptable
with the OS ATI drivers, since the proprietary ones have the bad habit
of mark 'legacy' all that is more than 2yo...

My newest machine is a dual core with a radeon 200 mobility (about 3yo)
and the only driver available is the open source one! And it's renowned
for sucking at opengl :P

That's on of the reasons for being against using opengl if it isn't
strictly necessary... arent't GDI/Xgc operations already accelerated
anyway?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl