Re: pcbnew module editor toolbar items now in menubar -- patch

On 07/23/2010 09:58 AM, Jerry Jacobs wrote:

>> --00151750e3b8a1e816048be1142d
>>
>> PT09IG1vZGlmaWVkIGZpbGUgJ3BjYm5ldy9tZW51YmFyX21vZGVkaXQuY3BwJwotLS0gcGNibmV3
>>
>> L21lbnViYXJfbW9kZWRpdC5jcHAJMjAxMC0wNC0yMCAxMToyMzo1OSArMDAwMAorKysgcGNibmV3
>>
>> :
>> :
>> --00151750e3b8a1e816048be1142d
>
> This seems a problem with the webclient from gmail. I hope thunderbird
> does it well or maybe you guys have a hint to make it work the way you
> want to receive it in the mailing list.

Thunderbird works.  Try sending yourself a patch, then look at "message -> source" in
the thunderbird menu.  I suspect that thunderbird is sensitive to the filename extension.

If it sees *.patch, I think it uses 7bit encoding, which is what we want.

Here is an example of a good one:

--------------060100000809040101070902

Note the "text/x-patch", but especially the clear visibility of the patch, it is not
base64 encoded it is