kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
* Function GetChars
* returns a wxChar* to the actual character data within a wxString, and is
* helpful for passing strings to wxString::Printf(wxT("%s"),
* wxChar is defined to be <ul>
* <li> standard C style char when wxUSE_UNICODE==0 </li>
* <li> wchar_t when wxUSE_UNICODE==1 (the default). </li>
* i.e. it depends on how the wxWidgets library was compiled. There was
* during the development of wxWidgets 2.9 when GetData() was missing,
* no longer be needed, and is harmless. GetData() seems to be an
* alternative in all cases now.
static inline const wxChar* GetChars( const wxString& s )
#if wxCHECK_VERSION( 2, 9, 0 )
return (const wxChar*) s.c_str();
Something like this will be committed soon. It is a revision of the
commentary on the function.
It seems there were some discussions/riots that righted some design
decisions within the wxWidgets team.