Re: A few extra component footprins

First of all, sorry for the latent reply. I've been in a no-internet
zone for the last week or so (and even then, without my linux box, there
wasn't much I could do

> The datasheet doesn't include recommended footprints,
> but they'll be similar to the DFNs I've already defined.

There are named "land patterns" on maxim's website:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/design/packaging/index.mvp?a=2&f=

>> There's one thing that puzzles me - the Maxim datasheet lists two
>> versions of the package for N=8 and three each for N=10 and 14,
>> but unless I'm blind, all variants have identical dimensions ?

There are a few duplicates, but there are some 3x3mm TDFN packages and
some 2x2mm packages.

Actually, way more than I originally thought:

TDFN 8 2x2mm
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0168.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0064.PDF

TDFN 10 3x2mm
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0429.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0082.PDF

TDFN 8 2x3mm
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0174.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0091.PDF

UTDFN 6 2x2mm:
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0490.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0344.PDF

An interesting pattern for TDFN 8 2x2 with spacing information:
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0349.PDF

I think there are also larger packages as well;

TDFN 14L 3x5mm:
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0253.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0246.PDF

TDFN 10L 3x4mm
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/package_dwgs/21-0268.PDF
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/land_patterns/90-0247.PDF

Anyway, way too much information for the moment. I'll check the updated
qfn board, and compare that to the footprints I drew.

What do you want to do about the molex connectors? If I had the
generator script, I could play around with it and see if I can get some
work done on the connectors. It could also be of great help if we could
convert IGES to VRML automatically. Worst case, I'd have to manually do
it for 100+ connectors

Alex G,