Re: KiCad-newlib structure and features

Vesa,

Your idea is a good starting point. My opinion is, we should group some
general symbols and use a more general name. For example, RCL would be
Passive, All general semiconductors (Transistor, Diode, etc) should be put
in Discrete and so on. I think creating to many categories can make the
symbols difficult to find as Kicad do not define module to a symbol like
some other cad, eagle for example. This directory structure should also be
applied to module and 3D model directory too.

In addition, we should also define module naming scheme too. In my opinion,
we should include model, pitch size and dimension (mil or SI)  to all
general components like R,C,L (for example, C2.5-5x12, CP5.0-13.0). One
feature Kicad still lack is Pin/Gate swap and I'm learning the current
schematic file structure and hope I can help with this. I will try to create
a patch for this feature soon.

Tony