Re: Potential issues with oaa_ lib

On 08/30/2010 03:31 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Alex G wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to post the specs (and maybe the LP calculator) in
>> a public place without putting yourself at a legal risk?
>
> The calculator was free to download, so I can't see any problem in this.
> Also it's an 'anonymous' file, no license file or stuff needed. Usually
> for free retired downloads there are no big problems in keeping them
> available.
>
> The spec were paid and licensed (there's my name on each page :D)
> so I can't supply them (you can find the old revision on the net, if you
> look carefully:D). The new revision has unified the tables so it works
> with both reflow and wave processes with both lead and lead-free solder.
>
> Also nothing prevents me to do a 'reference' implementation containing
> the formulas (an the constants) to pick up to build a complete app.
>
> In short there aren't a lot of things of interest (for land patterns!)
> in that standard... all the info needed for the calculations is
> comprised in pages 6--18!

Which exact standard are you referring to?
Do you think you could  write a small summarry or wiki regarding these
12 pages?

> If you have some public place to put up the msi I'll just upload it.

I don't, but you can
scp to /home/guestsy on guestsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
use the username as the password. That should upload it straight to my
computer, and I can email it to anyone interested.
(I'm curious just how many people will try to attack my computer now).

Or you could put it in a "misc" directory on your launchpad.

> Ah, it requires .NET2, some guy even made it work under wine, it seems.

I can make anything work under (the influence of) wine, just not the way
people expect it to work.

Alex