Re: Potential issues with oaa_ lib

>>> You have some interesting footprints. Perhaps after Oyvind releases his
>>> generator script, you may make some 3d packades for them.
>
> I've now added the perl code, released under
> "GNU GPL 3 or later", it's in revision 5 :-)

Ouch! I guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight. :D

> I'll address the various library issues in the next revision
> (some of them needs double-checking of datasheets, etc.):
>
> * DB/DSUB mounting pad size (the consensus seems to be 7.4mm :-),
> * The SOD523 SMD diode with overlapping pins,
> * The SMD pads on SMD Alu Electrolytes (C-AEC-*),
> * LED pin numbering (ouch),
> * DFN vs. TDFN (they're probably the same ...).
>
> These are the ones I've noticed on the mailing list, so
> if there are any more, I've missed them (please resend :-)

Sorry I've spread them out over so many emails. I'm glad you caught them
all though. Once I figure out how to use the script, I'll just be
sending you patches (after I figure out how to do that as well :-p ).

>> I don't use the 3d packages, actually :D BTW I'm trying to reduce the
>> IPC specs to a latex doc and some sample code to spread the knowledge.
>
> It _is_ possible (and easy) to create parts w/o 3D packages with
> my perl code, but I've forced myself to always include the 3D stuff,
> as otherwise it tends to be forgotten, and thus never gets done
> (the 3D stuff does - by far - require the biggest efford :-)

Agreed. And for new users it takes a bit of time to figure out how to
even use the 3D packages with kicad. Still, having them is a huge bonus.

> Simply don't define the body= and pin= attributes, to generate
> only the footprint (smdpads= or stdpads=) and silkscreen (silk=).
> This will eliminate the VRML file and the ref to it in the lib.

Going to bzr pull right now.

Alex