Re: New Layers was: [Have you tried design spark?]

Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:

I changed the integer layer number to a LAYER_ID with conversion to and
from int and the bit mask to a LAYER_SET with overloaded bit mask
operators.  The number of copper layers is now rather arbitrary (some
64,367).

New layers added are Plating, HoleFill, KeepOut, ViaPlug, Contacts,
PeelMask, Finish, Courtyard, Component, Coating, Probe, Fixture.

There was a distinction between copper layers and tech layers - I'm assuming these are all 'tech layers'? or is this still a valid distinction?

I put it on my wiki - can you check that I'm not misleading?

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Pcbnew#Layers
(also note my comments there about copper = solder-side and component = front side (Many boards have parts on both front and back.) can we use better nomenclature?

Also, what happens with board old files? Do they get converted? Compatible etc?

Thanks for your efforts..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear. -- Mark Twain