Re: KiCad broken on OS X case sensitive filesystem

On 09/15/2010 09:18 AM, Jonathan Stroud wrote:
> If you install KiCad on a case sensitive file system under OS X, you will get the following error:
>
> "You can't open application kicad because it may be damaged or incomplete."
>
> The fix is trivial.  You simply need to edit the "Info.plist" file and change the CFBundleExecutable and CFBundleName from "KiCad" to "kicad":
>
>   <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
>   <string>KiCad</string>
>
> and change to:
>
>   <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
>   <string>kicad</string>
>

> as well as:
>   <key>CFBundleName</key>
>   <string>KiCad</string>
>
> to:
>   <key>CFBundleName</key>
>   <string>kicad</string>

I think we need a patch.

I also think we may be in need of more Mac developer help if there is
going to be so much traffic about Macs on this list.

My personal interest in doing a lot of work for the Mac is quite
limited.  I say this because I foresee a problem meeting needs, and
these are Mac user's needs.  It is best to know about these things so
they can be addressed.

Trying to be helpful,

Dick