Associated Doc files

One of the ultra cool features in kicad is the ability to right click to a schematic symbols PDF files. I'm running into a situation that has me thinking it could be even better.

Sometimes I have parts with multiple manufactures - and I want both data sheets associated with the part. I've been working around this by running pdfjoin ( Part of the pdfjam package ).

I'm thinking it would be better if a part could have more than one datasheet pointer in eeschema where the DocFileName field could hold more than one file name. Then right clicking would bring up more than one docfile.

Another way of dealing with this situation would be to use an editable doc file type that could ingest PDFs.

How do others deal with this?

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The government can print money  - they can't print wealth. kps