Re: exploiting human readability

On 10/5/2010 11:25 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>> How?
>> ----
>>
>> I can have this coded by Tuesday, given enough incentive.  (I'm just not
>> going to say which Tuesday.)
>>

> Wayne,
>
> In an effort to be humorous it occurs to me that this last statement
> could be interpreted as an intervention into an area that you have
> clearly invested a great deal into.  I should have said "we" can code it
> and it would have been equally funny or non-funny.

Dick,

It was funny.  Even if you had said "we", you still would have had to make the
which Tuesday comment.  Thanks for the consideration but I honestly didn't take
it as an intervention into the work I have been doing on the library structure.
 Your idea such a radical departure that I really didn't see it that way.  As
always, I am willing to roll up my sleeves and help as much as possible to move
Kicad forward even if it means discarding some code I wrote for a better
design.  I'm still wrapping my head around your concept and have some input
forthcoming.  I will say up front that I like the concept and only see some
minor issues which probably can be overcome without too much effort.
Unfortunately (for me anyway) I'm stuck in meetings all afternoon and may not
get a chance to get back to you until this evening or sometime tomorrow.

> I was just trying to be silly, and beyond throwing this at the wall I
> really have no desire to intrude on anything you already have going.
> Many of these concepts are just as pertinent to footprints, and this is
> something I have been thinking about for quite some time.
>
> I am not, nor will I intrude in on your efforts.  Your friendship is
> worth more to me than Kicad is.

I appreciate that.  There are things more important in life than this project.
 Friendship is one of them.

Thanks,

Wayne