Re: kidcad.info Domain

Hi Denis,

JP, Wayne and I have have stated in the ensuring discussion that we have not used any
Registry or whois service, I think Dick did not either.
I was well aware of that issue and that is why I used shell based dns lookups to see
if it was free.

In any case, that practice no longer seems to be used as last year new rules have been implemented that make this kind of abuse very expensive and no longer practicable. See http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agp-status-report-12aug09-en.pdf for more information.

Also getting the domain back via legal means is quite straight forward in this case.

Dick was very concerned that some third party might be reading one of our emails
and acting on private information. If this is what happened this is really
bad.

Again, the whoever registered the domain did so in bad faith and apparently to hurt the project. Who knows where that entity will stop or what else might happen or has happened
without anyone noticing!

Access to that initial information means that very same person might likely have access to the email account and on that same thought access to the repository. I am the only one without root level bazaar access, and since I run my own email setup I can monitor who did access my accounts and
emails.

cheers
amir