Re: kidcad.info Domain

On 10/07/2010 06:20 PM, Amir Mohammadkhani-Aminabadi wrote:

> Since we don't know where else that entity would stop, be it modifying the
> source code to cause production problems or upload proprietary designs
> to a remote server we should act on this.
>
> cheers
> amir

Amir,

I doubt that "the entity" is in such a position of power as to modify
the source code. And even if they magically did, the way bazaar keeps a
local copy of the entire repository, it would be very easy for a
developer like Dick or JP to notice such tampering, and bzr would
probably spit out all sorts of warnings if it happened.

That being said, if you want to go forward with the legal action, there
are chances that neither the domain name, nor the sum invested in this
legal action will be recoverable. Since you mentioned investing a high
amount of money, I want to make sure you understand there may be risks.

That being said, I agree with you about tracking this down, but it might
not come out as we'd like it to. As Dick said, it might be easier and
cheaper to just think of a domain name. Also, if it's sensitive
information such as this one, you might consider using PGP tot encrypt
the emails. Anyone can intercept email traffic and read it nowadays.

Alex

On 10/07/2010 05:53 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> I don't see why someone would illegally monitor the email of kicad
>> > developers, and then try to profit from this, but being Transylvanian, i
>> > would impale that person on the spot.
>> >
> Since I am not familiar with all these customs, remind me to sit down
> anytime we are in the same room together
Dick,

I won't impale any of he kicad developers; you are safe. :P
If you wish, I will impale anyone who parks his oversized car in front
of your house. (Ever since you said it, I use this analogy to get out of
helping people with M$ products, very often).

Alex