Board rev process

I had posted about this on the general mailing list - but wonder if what I got back was really correct. I don't really think that making a new directory is the way to go..

Back in a different time using a different CAD package I would make a copy of the schematic and board files and give them a new name widget.2.1.sch - widget.2.1.brd and start making changes.

In kicad there is a link between the schematic and board that needs to be maintained - not sure where that is?

I would like to keep the old revisions in the same directory for reference.

Before I start experimenting, I was hopping someone with knowledge of this link might tell me how they do new revs - and where the pointer to the board file is and how to update it. I will write this up in my wiki notes.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation
of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a
temporary prosperity; both bring permanent ruin.
Ernest Hemingway