kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Editing value field in eeschema/libedit seems to fail.
Le 23/11/2010 18:14, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
On 11/22/2010 3:39 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
Le 22/11/2010 20:21, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
I'm not sure what m_oldRootName is for. I believe JP added that.
Perhaps he could shed some light this.
I do not remember anything about this ...
You shouldn't have remembered it because I just realized I'm the one who
did it (sorry about that JP) and I remember why. Before my fix, if you
changed the name of a root component that had any aliases the test to
determine if the component should be replace or add to the library would
always default to add a new component as long as the component name was
not already in the library. The add would always fail because all of
the alias names were already in the library. The previous behavior only
worked when the component did not have any aliases. So I fixed that
problem but created another. This can be fixed by asking the user if
they want to create a new part based on the current part. If the user
chooses yes, then rename the root component and remove all of the
aliases and add the new component to the library. If the user chooses
not to create a new part than the current behavior of renaiming the root
component is used. If no one has any objections to this, I will add the
This way seems the best.