Re: New part file format document.

On 12/15/2010 07:30 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:

When placing components such as passives (mainly R's and C's) you come
across the common problem that you draw the symbol either horizontally
or vertically. When you place the component it could be in one of four
orientations, but generally it's either 0deg rot (horizontal) or 90deg
rot (vertical).

This is called Schematic symbol alternatives - usually you only need 2 versions (bridge circuits need a 45 makes 3 versions) - most CAD systems have this - and its nice. I added this to my wiki's wish list.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Machine skates: a nightmare with a design flaw. -kps