Re: How to apply new language ?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:27 AM, jean-pierre charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 17/01/2011 09:04, yone ken a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:43 AM, jean-pierre
>> charras<jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>> Hi JP.
>>
>> I tried 3 tests.
>>
>> 1) Can I select any other languages?
>> 2) Can I edit any other languages?
>> 3) If I exchange jp/kicad.mo with other/kicad.mo, GUI shows in other
>> language?
>>
>> The results are:
>> 1) OK - After I installed French on my computer, GUI menus show in French.
>> 2) OK - After I edited fr/kicad.mo, the text is changed.
>> 3) NG - After I exchange fr/kicad.mo with jp/kicad.mo, GUI shows in
>> English.
>>
>> According to these results, I think this issue is not from the language
>> file
>> but from the KiCad source.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> I made some tests with wxWidgets.
> wxWidgets seems look for ja/kicad.mo, not jp/kicad.mo to find Japanese
> dictionnary.
>
> (see wxWidgets/samples/internat for more tests)

Thanks JP,

I followed to your advice and finally I succeeded to apply Japanese to KiCad !

Some time ago, I pushed my commit to lp:~kicad-developers/kicad/doc.
Perhaps I damaged to French translation (JP's previous commit)..
I'm very sorry...  I should study for Bazaar.

--
Kenta Yonekura (yoneken)

Follow ups