Re: Cursor position improvements.

On 2/1/2011 9:30 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> I don't know enough about it to object.
>>>
>>> On a related note, I have been thinking that the cursor usage during a
>>> EESCHEMA *find* is less than optimal.  This is related to searching multiple
>>> times using the same string, I have to keep moving the mouse in order to
>>> click the next button.
>> Dick,
>>
>> This should be an easier problem to fix but more difficult one to come
>> to a consensus on.  The current behavior is to warp the cursor to the
>> item found.  I could add an option to the find dialog to enable/disable
>> warping the pointer.  Anyone else have a preference or any ideas on
>> this?  If adding the option to the find dialog is acceptable, I'll add
>> it to my list.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> The cross hairs are going to the found item, don't know why the cursor does
> too.  For me it is a convenience issue.  Why do I have to move the mouse to
> click on the 'next' button, if my mouse was already on the 'next" button.

I don't think this is possible with the current cursor handing.  The cross
hairs could be drawn at the found item but as soon as the dialog is dismissed
and the cursor is moved, the cross hairs would jump to the cursor position and
the visual reference to the found item would be lost.  Highlighting may be
useful in this case.  This use case may require a bit more thought.

Wayne