Re: Cursor position improvements.

On 2/3/2011 11:50 AM, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>
>> Another option is to not snap the
>> cursor at all.  Only snap the item being drawn as the cursor approaches the
>> nearest grid position.  This way it is obvious snapping is turned on (which is
>> currently the only option) without the annoyance of warping the cursor to the
>> nearest grid position.
>
> That's a common approach in other drawing tools so I think this is at least an
> obvius choice to offer regarding snapping behavior. For EESchema, highlighting
> a pin or connection to be snapped is one fast way to tell where the connection
> is going without actually pulling the cursor there.

Highlighting has other useful purposes as well.  But that is a task for another
day.  There is a lot of code that needs cleaned up before I would even think
about changing the cursor behavior so it wouldn't be something that happens in
the near future.  I'm just getting some ideas on how other developers felt
about the cursor behavior before I head off in the wrong direction.  Thanks for
your input.

Wayne