Intermediate netlist format

Hi,

I am writing a tool needing Kicad netlist file. I first used native netlist file. Jean-Pierre Charras suggested me to use intermediate netlist file. It's better for me since it is easy to parse and potentially contains more information. In this kind of file, I am interested in components section and nets section. But I am also interested in libraries section and maybe libparts section (still not sure).
I have two questions :
- In the files I have generated, libparts and libraries sections are empty. Is this a work in progress or do I have a problem on my system (Win XP) ?
- Why naming the intermediate file .tmp and not .xml ?

Best regards,
Nicolas

Follow ups