Re: Separate library/module editor from eeschema/pcbnew

On 02/11/2011 04:15 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Phinitnan Chanasabaeng wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm just wondering why those editors are embeded into the main programs, no
>> offence just curious :) . There might be a reason and I'd like to know.
> The reason is that most of the drawing and data management code is
> shared... to keep them divided there should be a library with common
> code for them (so more management complexity).

Phinitnan,

So far the Sweet library is surviving as a DLL/DSO.  This means it is a C++ library.  The ramifications of that are that perhaps code other than EESCHEMA will be able to use it.  I expect to be able to keep it as a DLL/DSO, such then even EESCHEMA will use it as such.   There is a python binding in place already.

There can be more than one part editor for Sweet schematic parts.   EESCHEMA will not care too much about the origins of a part.

I have nothing to say about PCBNEW at this time.  And therefore use of the term "library" is fraught with ambiguity.

Dick