Re: Sweet parser

On 2/14/2011 12:44 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I committed the *.odt file to /new this evening, which gives the grammar.
>
> Then I began working on the parser.
>

> But I have a question about line and polyline. Currently we have:
>

> (polyline or
> (line
> (pts (xy X Y) (xy X Y) (xy X Y) (xy X Y) (xy X Y))

 # Line widths are in units as defined above.
> (line_width WIDTH)
 # Valid fill types are none, filled, and transparent.
> (fill FILL_TYPE)
> )
>

> 1)))))))))))))))))))
>
> And I am wondering about 'fill'.
>
> I don't know what it means to fill a line. Or what a transparent vs.
> non-transparent line is.

Dick,

AFAIK, fill only applies when the lines form a closed polygon.  This is the
behavior for the current polyline object.  I agree that the concept of filling
a line is confusing.  Maybe we should replace rectangle with polygon and drop
the fill concept from line/polyline.  Although this is not the same as the
current polyline object which can be used to draw lines that create a series of
enclosed polygons which get filled.  See attached screen shot.  If we use the
current concept, file format is less readable but library editor code is less
complex.  If you change to a separate polygon/line concept, the file is more
readable but it will complicate the design of library editor.  I'm open to
suggestions on this one.

> 2))))))))))))))))))
>
> a) What about color,
> b) should transparency be in the color

Currently, the fill color ( no transparency ) is defined in EESchema.  All
objects are filled with the same color.  I see no reason that color and
transparency could not be added to the current fill definition ( or line
definition for that matter).  I don't know how many folks would be interested
in being able to choose multiple fill and line colors in a schematic.  It would
be a lot more work to support per item color than the current scheme of making
all objects of the same type a single color.

Wayne