Re: PCBNew auxiliary horizontal tool bar.

On 3/1/2011 2:39 AM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
> Le 28/02/2011 22:44, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> Does anyone know what the purpose of the net class and clearance text boxes in
>> the auxiliary tool bar in PCBNew are used for?  They are read only so you
>> cannot use them change the current net class name or clearance for the the net
>> class.  The net class name for the selected track is already displayed in the
>> message panel at the bottom of the screen.  It would be easy enough to add the
>> rest of the net class information in the message panel.  The reason I am asking
>> is that I'm trying to fix the behavior I broke when I changed over to using
>> wxUpdateUIEvent and these two controls don't seem to serve any purpose other
>> than displaying the current net class for the selected track.  If no one can
>> give me a good reason to keep these text edit controls, I'm going to remove
>> them and add the remaining net class information to message panel when a trace
>> or via is selected.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> They are for info only.
> I believe clearance text box can be removed (clearance area is shown when you
> create tracks and vias).
>
> The advantage of net class name text box is you know what netclass use track
> and vias values displayed in toolbar.
> In message panel, this info is not always shown.
> But this text box is not very important: if this is easy, keep it, otherwise
> remove it.

I probably will leave this for now.  I may remove them some time in the future
and add the additional net class information to the message panel.  This is
more consistent with the current select object behavior than having a separate
place to show a trace's net class information.

> Other related issues:
> In this toolbar:
> when right clicking in drawpanel (i.e. when opening a popup menu), the grid
> listbox display always the first grid in list (100.0 mils)
> (for instance: select a grid value, and then right click on the mouse to open a
> popup menu: displayed grid value go back to 100 mils.
>
> In main toolbar:
> the tool at the right of the layer listbox does not change when changing active
> layer (it must reflect the selected layers pair and the active layer)

Thanks.  I didn't notice these.  I should have a commit ready some time today
that fixes most of these issues.  I'll wait until I get some feedback before
changing the bug status to fixed after I make the commit.

Wayne