Re: Converting KiCAD to metric units: The approach

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Vladimir Uryvaev wrote:

As I see, there's no more (or very little) activity on this task.

I developed the approach on how to convert KiCAD to metric unit. This approach
is fully based on OOP.

There are several stages on converting:

CUT

I completely disagree. This is too complex for what we want... in fact
OOP most of the time only complicates life but that's IMHO:P

In the past the best way do defeat the issue was agreed to be the common
divider, something like 200nm or such. Just use it instead of the
current decimil and fix the scaling factors in the conversions (which
are mostly in the common/ code). Voilà, metric kicad with no rounding
issues...

But IMHO it should be done *together* with the new file format so to
have only one format conversion to do... i.e. traditional kicad in
decimils and SWEET/sexp/whatever in nano units...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl