Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

On 8/24/2011 2:12 PM, fabrizio wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks, I am glad you like them.
>
> may I ask why you want the buttons size to stay at 16pt? is it only a
> matter of space? if so, how?

For toolbar images, 26 or 24 pixels is fine for all platforms.  On some
platforms (read Windows) the larger icons will make the menu spacing much wider
than the menu text (assuming your not using a 26 pixel font).  Menu images are
disabled by default on Linux with the latest Gnome 2 (not sure about Gnome 3)
so it wont effect Linux users.  If the user enables the Gnome menu images, the
same problem will exist on Linux.  I'm not an OSX user so I cannot comment on
how the larger menu images will look.  I could personally live without images
in the menu bar.  I would prefer to use the space taken by the image for more
descriptive menu text but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would disagree
with me on that one.

Wayne