Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

On 8/25/2011 5:34 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>>> Its a shim function that creates the menu entries.  We already have something
>>> close, but we polish it and instrument it with this policy control point.
>> I'm sure your thinking of all the variations of ADD_MENUITEM* in macros.h.
>> Currently there are #if/#endifs around SetBitmap() to prevent bitmaps from
>> being added to menus on OSX.  We could just as easily add another entry to
>> config.h.in and a CMake definition to control if bitmaps get added to menu
>> items.  The default behavior would be exactly what we currently have but they
>> could be forced on or off at build time.  I'm am willing to make is so, if no
>> one objects.  This is one of those issues where the builders might want to
>> consult with the Kicad user group before changing the current behavior.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Agreed, do it.  You are not changing default behavior, but go ask if you want.
> I don't want to burn the bridge to menu icons, so you and I are on the same page
> and since you are not changing default behavior, I see no reason to hesitate.
> The moment to moment behavior is not as important to me as is the option to
> change one's mind later.
>
> Dick

I'll have a better idea when I can get this done after Irene passes through.
Computers don't work very well without electricity.  We lost power at work for
three days and at home for over a week when Isabelle came through.  If you
don't hear from me over the next few days, you'll know why.  In the mean time
I'll be battening down the hatches.