Re: new bitmaps

On 9/8/2011 3:03 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 09/04/2011 07:19 AM, fabrizio wrote:
>> Dick,
>> I'd like to help you out to improve this via a patch. Can you tell me
>> how to get it?
>

> Just checked it in now to testing branch.
>

> Important cmake config options:
>

> 1) USE_PNG_BITMAPS is defaulting to ON, change it to OFF if you don't like the
> PNGs and want to use XPM for size reasons, or what not.   I think eventually xpm
> support goes away.
>

> 2) MAINTAIN_PNG defaults to OFF.  Set to ON only if you have all the tools
> installed that are described in bitmaps_png/CMakeLists.txt.  If you are not a
> PNG maintainer, the *.cpp files are part of the source tree, and you do not have
> to build them.  Note to builders, be careful you don't churn the *.cpp files as
> PNG bitmaps are built, so that you do not create unnecessary bzr deltas in the
> source code tree.
>

> I am done with this for the time being, I have other stuff to do.  Wanted to get
> it in now before too much divergence.
>
> Someone else can run with it.
>
> Here are some to do items that need to be fixed:
>

> 1) there is something wrong with image.svg, and it is not cleanly generating a
> PNG file from inkscape.
>

> 2) Two *.svg files were missing, so I provided place holders for now.  Will get
> a list of these two sometime soon.  File server is down tonight and it had my
> notes on it.

3) Disable the stand alone mode which is causing build errors on Windows.

4) Change the background SVG file to transparent.  The metal background color
is not the same color as the default control color in Windows and likely OSX.

I'll fix #3 so Kicad will build properly on Windows.  I'll need one of you
graphics wizards to solve the remaining issues.

Wayne