Re: problem when compiling kicad with -DMAINTAIN_PNGS=ON

On 09/14/2011 03:42 PM, fabrizio wrote:
> Hello,
> following there steps:
>
> bzr branch lp:kicad kicad
> bzr branch kicad kicad_exp
> cd kicad_exp
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake ../ -DKICAD_TESTING_VERSION=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DMAINTAIN_PNGS=ON
> make -j 4
>
> it cause the whole PNG set (and relative .cpp) to get rebuilt. I guess
> this should not happen but instead rebuilding should happen only when
> new .svg files are made.

First, you should only run cmake about twice per year.  Otherwise run only make.

If MAINTAIN_PNGS is set true, you are telling CMake that you intend for *.cpp's
to depend on *.png's and *.png's to depend on *.svg's.  Nothing is broken and
this is the only way it can work.

You need to have the PNGs in such a situation.  Nothing to fix, nothing is broken.

But thereafter, simply run make, not cmake.

Dick