Re: Kicad future documentation - first draft

Dnia 2011-09-26, pon o godzinie 17:14 +0200, fabrizio pisze:
> Dear All,
> I seem to understand that the use of the .odt (and pdf) format and
> LibreOffice as main editor is the choice preferred by most of the
> people.

LibreOffice or OpenOffice. No matter.

> In attachment you can find the document  kicad_en.pdf modified and
> updated. The following modifications where made:
> - front cover was redesigned (any suggestions for improvement?)

This KiCad main icon is ugly. :( This form is good for documents, but
not for the whole application. Anyway, compare it yourself with the rest
of icons of the KiCad Suite members. Clearly does not fit. BTW: Why
CvPCB icon has a blue base?
The text is ok, but what the Cannonical says...

> - A quite cool template (taken from the official open office
> documentation) was used to restyle the whole doc.
> - New icons and screenshots (all included as local links)
> - some minor corrections

IMHO the new KiCad documentation should be a big-bang for the future
readers. In general.
Your layout is too "polite". Especially with these smoothing green
headers. The Arial font or his equivalent - it already was.
Lack of emphasis for important key words, no monotype in file paths or
names - the fundamental elements of IT manuals are missing.
Sorry. But I do not like it.

Kerusey Karyu