Re: Kicad future documentation - first draft

On Sep 27, 2011, at 12:33 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:

> On 27 September 2011 00:22, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 09/26/2011 05:04 PM, Fred Cooke wrote:
>>> Yes it absolutely is constructive criticism, it points out weaknesses, explains why they
>>> are weaknesses, and explains how to do it better. Sounds EXACTLY like constructive
>>> criticism to me, Dick. Your name could not be more fitting.

I agree the last sentence should not be posted in public space.

I do not agree that it is not constructive criticism, i.e., I think it is constructive. Let's not forget the original poster to whom Dick replied might not be a native English speaker.

>> I have de-activated Fred Cooke from this mailing list.

Judge, Jury and Executioner. This is not very democratic.  In open source (s)he-who-does-the-work-decides is fine with me with respect to general directions, coding decisions, vcs, etc, but this is not a code-problem.

> I'm very glad! His posts have only ever been derogatory and of no
> substance. Sorry you've had to deal with it.

This I also don't agree with. Maybe he has not done as much as you (Brian), Dick or Jean-Pierre, he has been trying to be helpful.

Cheers,
Martijn