Re: Kicad future documentation - first draft

On 9/29/2011 3:55 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 09/29/2011 02:05 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> If I had a week to work on it, I don't think I could have expressed this any
>>> better.  Maybe we should distill this down into a more general form and add it
>>> to the "Getting Started" FAQ under the heading "Mailing List Etiquette" or my
>>> personal favorite "Nuggets of Wisdom".  Although I'm afraid if you have to
>>> explain to someone that they should respect the efforts of others ( also known
>>> as gratitude ), that adding this to the FAQ would be of little or no benefit.
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>
>> Your choice.  Careful you don't get egg on your face.
>

> In all seriousness, if you did it would be worth its weight in gold.

I'll take a look at it over the next week or so.  I'll run it by you and JP
before I add to the FAQ.

> It occurs to me that Jean-Pierre remains the single largest contributor this last year,
> although you might be catching up to him Wayne.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I doubt that.  I tend to work in bursts
depending on how much free time I have.  JP's contributions are much more
consistent than mine not to mention the years of coding he did before I joined
the project.  I'll continue contribute as best I can.  I'm not going to let a
few bad eggs (sorry, I couldn't resist) spoil the satisfaction I get from
working with the KiCad development team.

Wayne