Re: Enternet Library Manager Doc

2011/10/9 Hoteev Sergey <hsd8@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> Where can I find instructions on how to build an interaction between Libs
> manager (eeshema or pcbnew) and some external database?

 What are the files
> in /kicad.bzr/new/ needed for?

This is a new design for EESCHEMA libraries.  There is a new EESCHEMA
in development that will sit on top of this code, and this SWEET
library will be a foundation for other projects also, perhaps even
gEDA may use it too.

The discussion on libraries must be separated between EESCHEMA and
PCBNEW.  We plan on doing something similar in PCBNEW as what we are
doing in EESCEMA with SWEET.  That design is not complete yet, or even
started, but we have ideas.  The most important idea is the
abstraction of the retrieval of stuff.

In the case of SWEET that API contract happen in class LIB_SOURCE.  So
you can implement any dervied class from LIB_SOURCE which fulfills the
retrieval of parts, and this can be done from a database.  The
requirement is that when you return a part, that it be in the SWEET
format, which is a string.  Your implementation can create these
strings on the fly behind the API, but you must return a SWEET string.

DIck