Re: Fwd: PPA build problems

On 10/21/2011 03:52 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Vesa Solonen <vesa.solonen@xxxxxxxx
> <mailto:vesa.solonen@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 14.10.2011 23:48, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>
>     > I wonder how the PPA can be modified, or do I need to make a new one?
>
>     >From some reading I've done the PPA owner just uploads a src-deb which
>     gets automatically built. That got me wondering is it possible to get an
>     automatic build service for Launchpad hosted bzr repositories without
>     any external steps.
>
>     Do you have any time to investigate (ask a support question) that? As an
>     official project maintainer on Launchpad I'd guess you are the one who
>     gets heard best.

Great idea Vesa!   (But like many great ideas, they may not be unique, or first time.)

Seems the guys and gals at Ubuntu are all over this already:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/04/launchpad-recipes-emerge-from-beta-wont-make-you-a-cake-but-packages-instead/

Watch the youtube video here on the above page.