Re: Fwd: PPA build problems

On 10/26/2011 08:11 AM, Matthew Beckler wrote:
> I just re-enabled this adamwolf PPA for kicad-testing (on my Ubuntu
> 11.04 Natty machine), updated, upgraded, and kicad appears to be working
> just fine from an initial look through eeschema and pcbnew. Thanks for
> getting this fixed, everyone!
>
> -Matthew Beckler

This solution is probably a sweet spot for must Ubuntu users.  It is based on wxWidgets
2.8 for all Ubuntu versions, and we typically do not break the testing branch, too much.

:)

Also, a person has the option to not upgrade everyday, right?

When you hear rumors of a bug fix having been committed, then you can choose to upgrade
the next day.   This is very nice.

Remaining problem:  bugs don't always get fixed, right away, or ever.

When this is your problem, you may pay somebody to do the fix.

Dick