Re: kicad-lib-committers's subscription policy is changed to Moderated Team

On 10/30/2011 12:13 PM, Phinitnan Chanasabaeng wrote:
> Hello Dick,
>
> I would like to help. It seems like kicad/doc is maintained by kicad-develpers now. Do
> you want to create a new team (could be kicad-doc-committers) and move all doc to this team?
>
> Tony

Thanks Tony.

I finally did find canonical's alert email, it only pertained to kicad-newlib and I
suspect the reason this is true is because:

1) kicad-newlib is an entire launchpad project, not just a repo like kicad-doc is under
project kicad.

2) The "Maintainer" for that project kicad-newlib is a team, rather than an individual,
and the team was open.

I think perhaps you could have simply named yourself the maintainer, and left the team
open to "fix" (satisfy canonical re:) project kicad-newlib.

Let's leave kicad-doc repo as is now.  We do not want barriers to contributing the
translations.

Thanks for the offer, may take a rain check if canonical comes forth specifically about
that repo.

Dick