Re: Reorganization and QC of kicad library

Hello Fabrizio,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Fabrizio Tappero <fabrizio.tappero@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Tony,
> hi there, oh, this work sounds like something that everybody would
> agree is important, right?

I think it is important for the new lib to get accepted by other devs/users
before it will be created.
What I am working now is writing a guideline for symbol, footprint and 3D
model creation.
Once I'm done. I'll propose it to the news group for criticism. The final
approved work will be based on inputs from all of us.

> lib components are already shared via a bzr repository, are you
> proposing a better way?
>
> is it a bad idea to distributed lib components with kicad main repo?
>
> No, I'm not proposing any other distribution system but a guideline. Bzr
is a good place for this project.
To my knowledge, the main & library repo are separated now. I just created
a junk branch in library repo.
If in any case this project does not work, the branch will be just deleted.

Hopefully it will work. :)

Tony