Re: part pinouts in symbols and schematics

Le 18/11/2011 23:10, Simon Turner a écrit :
Hello everyone

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I think it is important. I am doing a design with an LM339, the numbering of the
pins on the schematic symbol are wrong. Now I am trying to change them (and admit I'm no expert in KiCAD) but they keep reverting
back to what they were. How can I use this program is pinouts are wrong and i can't correct them ???

I never have problems to modify a lib component.

What do you mean by "they keep reverting ..."
Do you loose your changes when you save your changes, close Eeschema and reopen it ?
When reporting an issue, you should explain *exactly* how to reproduce the issue.

And other mistake can happen for the same component name found in more than one library.
One can change one instance of this component, and the schematic can use an other instance (the first found).

I have commented before that many PCB footprints do not follow the standard and mismatch with the schematic symbol, Do I have to
completely redo my own libraries from scratch ? As i have said before i use KiCAD on more than one computer and have issues with
parts taking on new pinouts based on the library of whatever installation i am using even if i have manually corrected them for
that project.

I have to say that at this point I am having serious concerns as to the usability of KiCAD unless i have misunderstood how things
work, if i pick an LM339 from the library i assume it's pinout to be correct - should i not ? how many other parts have "creative"
pinouts ?

While it is great to see an active development of KiCAD I question whether it will ever be a serious program if we cannot get the
basics settled on part pinouts. i will try and learn how to create my own symbol libraries so that I can work independently of the
KiCAD libraries and not have to correct things over and over or not be able to correct them at all !

Are you serious when you are thinking it is not possible to modify a symbol ?
Simon