Re: operator new in board.cpp

On 12/5/2011 12:30 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> I think the lines involving operator new() may blow up at runtime when the corresponding
> delete [] is called.

Dick,

I'm not using

delete[] foo;        // This is not the same as delete foo[nn];

where the contents of foo are allocated using

foo = new();

I'm using

delete foo[nn];      // This is the same as tmp* = foo[nn]; delete tmp;

where the contents of the array of foo pointers is assigned using

foo[nn] = new( sizeof(foo) );

In the case of m_BoardSide it is defined in the board class as

MATRIX_CELL* m_BoardSide[MAX_SIDES_COUNT];

so I'm just filling the array of pointers with the new() operator so delete()
should work properly.

> Have you tested this code?

I ran the auto router and didn't it segfault and it generated the same results
as the old code so it appears to be correct.

Wayne